- Turn the extractor hood on in setting 1.
- Can you see the filter? Look if the red light is burning. Can’t see the filter? Then look if you can notice some red glow of the light. If you can’t notice any red light at all, look if you can easily remove the shaft, and if you can observe some red light afterwards.
- Is the blue light turned on? If not, put the extractor/cooker hood in a higher setting (e.g. 3 or 4). Is the light burning now, proceed to step 4.
Make sure that the AC adapter is plugged in. Please also see question 1.
We call this scent ionization / “fresh mountain air”.
- The filter works.
- We advise you to turn the extractor hood off, 15 to 20 minutes after cooking. This is also mentioned in the manual.
Tip: The time which the extractor hood is required to run also depends on the time used to cook and the size of the room.
Tip 2: You can always turn the extractor hood on for about fifteen minutes if it e.g. smells inside the house or if someone in the house is smoking, etc.
Tip 3: If you believe the air is clean enough, you can turn the extractor hood off at any time.
- You probably have an extractor/cooker hood with a low airflow.
- Our advice is to tape the outer two rings of the filter. This way, the sensitivity of the sensor on the filter increases. The air passage will be approximately 100mm, which causes the filter to react in the case of a low airflow. The outer two rings can be located at the bottom of the filter.
- Are the rings taped and is the filter still not working properly? Then it’s possible to exchange the filter for a new one.
See exchange warranty
You have a ventilation problem. The moisture goes through the filter, but it’s also blown back into the room.
Do you have windows in single glass? These condense very quickly. Our advice is to ventilate the room better, by e.g. opening a window. This also improves the entire indoor air climate.
New homes are usually equipped with a good ventilation system (CMRV).
This isn’t ozone air. The filter produces plasma, but no ozone. What you are smelling is called ionisation, also see question 3. Our filter has been certified by the TÜV and meets the most stringent testing standards.
First check if the filter is still connected properly. Perhaps it has shifted in the course of time. (See question 1.)
We provide 5 years (or 9.000 hours of use) of warranty on the filter. Do you meet these requirements and your filter is still broken? Please contact PlasmaMade Service.
It isn’t. But it is required to lower the EPC (energy performance certificates) of new homes (as from 2015) from 0.6 to 0.4. This already happens if the extractor hood recirculates, improving the yield of the house.
When you start recirculating the air, the heat also stays inside the house. This way, it requires less energy to heat your house, which improves the energy performance.
If the filter housing is broken (all parts which are composed of plastic), you can return the filter and a new one will be sent shortly.
Caution: in this case, there can be no more than three months between the invoice and the report.
For other information concerning the exchange of a product, see the exchange warranty.
At this time, the black filter is only suitable to be placed on an extractor hood, or any other suitable device.
For other questions concerning the use on other devices besides a chimney/extractor hood and professional use, please visit www.plasmamadesales.com.
If something is missing inside the package that should be included with the filter, we will send you a new copy, free of charge. The manual can also be found on the website: www.plasmamade.com/downloads.
The filter has a diameter of 210mm. The length of the filter itself is 300mm, and with the connecting piece it’s 373mm. The connecting piece has a diameter of 150mm.
You can always check this and inquire for more information at the kitchen store or dealer where the extractor hood was bought.
Connecting the filter is possible on two different ways:
- With the included connecting piece, mount as on the hood.
- With the included mounting bracket and a piece of (non-included) flexible tube.
The moisture goes through the filter and remains inside the house, which is why it has to be ventilated sufficiently. (also see point 5).
Our filter has received an Appliance 3 certificate. This means that the filter withstand moisture. It will not break due to moisture and is fit to be placed inside humid rooms (e.g. a bathroom).
- At setting 1 – 200 cubic metres the yield is 100%
- At setting 2 – 400 cubic metres the yield is 83%
- At setting 3 – 600 cubic metres the yield is 67%
- At setting 4 – 800 cubic metres the yield is 50%
- 1000 cubic metres is also possible! But 800 is the most common for extractor hoods. 1000 cubic metres also has a yield of 50%.
It’s not necessary to configure the extractor hood in a higher setting. The time period remains the same; it only makes more noise.
Caution: the yield is calculated on scent. In the case of baking fumes, it is required to run the extractor hood a bit longer. This is different.
Fat may go through the fat pre-filter of the extractor hood and is eliminated inside the filter. The fat is stored in a fiberglass pad which is located between the two electric cores.
If the fat accumulates between the electric cores, a little current will occur which destroys the fat (think of it as a kind of fly trap/lamp)
Small particles of fat are destroyed with plasma and the dust is blown out of the filter by the air pressure of the motor.
Caution: always use a fat pre-filter. Not only for the filter, but also to maintain (lifespan) the motor of the extractor/cooker hood itself.
Yes, this is possible. But you’ll have to place some slots inside the compartment where the motor is located. Otherwise it’s not possible to recirculate.
Yes; the filter works in any position, as long as the (clean) air is blown back into the same space.
This can be logically explained. The filter only cleans the room in which is it placed. If other scents/fragrances and smells escape to another room, they cannot be filtered. That’s why it’s important to cook in an enclosed space. Do you have an open kitchen? Then it’s important to turn on the filter well in advance so the airflow is already circulating before you start cooking. This way, you prevent odors from escaping.
The pass must be at least 12.000 square millimeters wide.
The PlasmaMade Airfilter should be able to work properly for a duration of ten years. We offer a 5 year warranty. If the filter breaks down within 10 years, you can contact your dealer. We only offer warranty if the original invoice (warranty papers) can be provided/is available.
When the filter is used professionally, you are entitled to a 2 year warranty.
For warranty, please contact your dealer first.
TÜV is a special certification. This certification also includes an ozone test. The ozone is below the set standard. We have an accreditation for this.
At the TÜV, the filter has been certified for three different parts:
TÜV EMC (electrical voltage)
TÜV Consumer Safety (safety)
TÜV Appliance 3 (moisture)